Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Final Day of Committee Work

photo caption: at the 4th of July picnic, Krista realizes that her action figure Jesus can hold the PC (USA) flags used as table decorations.


Our final day of committee work was on Tuesday. I was quite pleased to see how our committee came together and was much more efficient at accomplishing the tasks at hand. We were able to finish our work by noon. Afterward, a small group of us went to lunch together to celebrate and process the work we had done. Our leadership team was not done by this point. Each leadership team is in charge of preparing a report to present to the floor of the plenary session and it must be completed by Wednesday morning so that there is time to print the needed materials for the commissioners and delegates. With a free afternoon and evening before me, I had three choices to make. I could go and sit in on some of the other committee meetings to see how they were going. I could go and do something completely unrelated to the business of General Assembly. I could go back to my room and take a nap. I decided that the latter was probably the wiser decision knowing that there is the possibility of some of our plenary session going long into the night. One could feel some of the tension release as committees adjourned. Even knowing that we still have a lot of debating ahead of us and a lot of important decisions to make, there was great relief in knowing that we had completed some of the tasks before us.

No comments:

Post a Comment